Friday, June 16, 2017

Wildest dreams come true...

TGIF everybody! 

It looks like I started this week off with a mermaid in a bathtub and now I'm wrapping it up with another one! I've had this alteration in mind for quite some time and once I got my hands on the Becky Bubbles stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie I couldn't wait to give it a go. The original image has a girl in the tub with her feet sticking out of the bubbles but I thought it would be fun to wipe those feet away and stamp in a mermaid tail instead. I found the perfect tail on the old Aurora mermaid stamp and then just drew the bubbles in around it to pull the whole thing together. Growing up, the movie Splash was a total fave of mine... heck it still is, and the scene where Madison gets in the bathtub to enjoy having her tail again always fascinated me. Every bath time I would wish for my own legs to turn into a beautiful tail too, LOL! So when I turned Becky here into a mermaid reading a book I thought about what she would be interested in and in the end I gave her a "Walking For Dummies" book. Mer Becky is dreaming of legs just like I used to dream of a tail, thus the sentiment I grabbed which basically sums up this entire scene. How's that for a stroll down memory lane? ;)

Ok, I'm also entering this card into the current 'anything goes' challenge over at Kraftin' Kimmie's. Have a great weekend and I will see you on Monday!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps (Becky Bubbles and Aurora mermaid), My Favorite Things (Magical Unicorns set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico clear blue and grey area
My Favorite Things stitched banner die
Prima brick wall stencil
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- YR000, YR00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- RV63, RV66, V09, BV29
eyes- B06, B39, BG000, 0
tail- YG0000, YG00, YG01, G19, G29, B01, B04
tub- C00, C1, C3, BG0000
bubbles- BG000, V000, G00
bubble bottle/towel- RV02, RV13, RV25, BG53, BG49, E81, E50, B02, B06, B28
shower curtain- B000, B01, BG53, BG49, BG07
book- Y15, Y18, Y17

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my goodness this is Fintastic looking! !!! Loooooove the altering again!!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Juls said...

Squeeeeeeee this is amazing xx

Tracey Ann said...

LOL... Walking for Dummies! You funny! Just an incredibly clever and lovely card, Amy!