Thursday, April 20, 2017

I believe in you...

Hi there!

So I watched the new updated Pete's Dragon movie on Netflix this past week and even though it was nothing like the original one that I remember from my childhood it was still very cute and entertaining. So it's really no surprise that dragons were on my mind when it came time to create. Luckily I had this cute digi stamp called Me And My Dragon from ADFD on the ol' hard drive. I printed it out once on white cardstock then again on this green pattern paper to do a little paper piecing on the big guy himself. I like how the subtle print almost looks like the light dappling through trees onto his green scales. The kiddo on the original image is sporting pigtails but since I was going for Pete and Elliot I just chopped them right off when I fussy cut the image. I think I succeeded in taking myself back in time just a bit to my younger days when I would wish for a dragon pal all my own too.  ;)

Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
paper- Photoplay (Happy Glamper), DCWV (green)
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Me and My Dragon)
stamps- Avery Elle (sentiment), Simon Says Stamp (speech bubble)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa
Lawn Fawn stitched hills die
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
dragon- YG11, G43, G82, R30, RV63, V05, V06, YG00, YG17
kid- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E41, E43, E44
clothes- 719, YR04, YR18, B01, BG45, BG49, E49