Friday, December 23, 2016

Eat, drink and be merry...

TGIF my friends!

It's Christmas Eve, Eve and there are only two more sleeps until the big day. I've got to work again today but I hope to get home in the early afternoon so I can start making some Christmas cookies to give out on Saturday. There is still so much to do and so little time... yikes! 
In fact yesterday was another busy day and once again I wasn't left with a lot of time in the crafty room. I figured this would be the perfect time to get the December cupcake from the Baker's Dozen set onto a card. It's another one that I colored up back in the fall so that saved some time. But I really wanted to pair this one up with a character stamp and since I love this sweet mouse from Sister Stamps he seemed a great choice. By masking the cupcake I could tuck him in nice and close then I did a tiny alteration by drawing in a tongue so it looks like he is licking the cream cheese frosting off that red velvet cupcake. To save more time I even used the same MFT sketch as yesterday's card, that has been very handy indeed! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
paper- American Crafts (Shimelle Christmas Magic)
stamps- Papertrey Ink (Baker's Dozen set), Sister Stamps (Year of the Rat), Avery Elle (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things horizontal stitched strips
Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger glossy accents
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
cupcake- R27, R59, YG21, G46, G29, E40, E50, 0, R39, E09, C0, C2, C6
mouse- E50, E30, E31, E34, R01, R20, W6, W10
shadow- W0, W3, W5

2 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Adorable. Merry Christmas Eve Eve. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Amy! So love how you tucked this sweet little mouse in with the cupcake. Clever, and adorable! Perfect December birthday card! :)