Monday, March 7, 2016

Happy Easter...

Mornin' friends!

Yesterday I was feeling inspired to get a little crazy and experiment with my coloring of this sweet little Pure Innocence called My Easter Basket. The idea hit me that I could give her wider eyes just like I did for Oliver on this card or the Darling Sister on this card. So I set about giving her some pretty blue eyes for this cheery Easter card. To be honest I am on the fence about the results. While I think she turned out pretty darn cute there is something about the change that seems to detract from her original simple charm. Hmmm... I'm not saying I won't keep playing around with this idea but there is something to be said for enjoying these images just as they are too. The rest of the card is super simple with just a sheet of paper from the new Doodlebug Bunnyville paper pad providing both a beautiful background and the sentiment for the card as well.

Alrighty, I should get ready for work. Have a great week!  :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (Bunnyville)
stamp- My Favorite Things (My Easter Basket Pure Innocence)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Memory Box butterfly die
Prima pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- B12, B04
hair- E35, E57, E47
clothes- Y11, Y21, Y35, E44, E47, E49, RV02, RV55
basket/eggs- RV02, RV55, B02, B06, YG00, YG03, Y35, YR04, Y11, Y21, C1, C2

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh I think the whole card is Beautiful! !!! The eyes do change her some. Still cute. I like her best when you give her longer hair!!!!♡♡♡♡♡
Hugs, Heidi

Julie D. Richards said...

Cuteness.