Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hugs and kisses...

Hey there!

Oy, you are not going to believe the weekend I've had! Remember when I said on Friday that I hoped the storms didn't cause anymore problems? Well I totally jinxed us because early Friday morning about fifty lightening strikes started more fires and these ones where super close to home. By Friday afternoon homes where being evacuated in Chelan as well as the state park and we all lost power and cell phone service. Roads were closed off and on making us feel very isolated. Helicopters and big bomber planes were flown in to drop fire retardant and scoop water out of the lake to fight the blaze. My home wasn't in danger like so many others but the experience was still quite nerve wracking. We were without power until early Sunday morning and the phones finally came back by Sunday afternoon. I didn't get internet back until yesterday, thus my absence here on the blog. Thankfully, none of my extended family who live here in the Chelan valley actually lost their homes though there were a couple close calls. Sadly not everyone in the community where as lucky, last I heard about 21 homes and 100 structures total are gone. As the fires continue to burn the fire fighters and national guard continue to work tirelessly and I am so grateful to the brave men and women who have come to save our town.

I spent some of those powerless day light hours coloring and this fun little Hiilei image from Sister Stamps was one of the stamps that I worked on as well as another cute turtle from the Turtle set. When I went to put them on a card I thought that it kinda looked like he is giving Hiilei a kiss on the cheek which inspired the hugs and kisses sentiment. I gotta say that this card reflects my current desire for some cool, clean water to just wash all this fire and smoke away. ;)

Well, take care everyone... barring any new unforeseen circumstances popping up I will be back with another card tomorrow. 
Hugs! :)      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Imaginisce
stamps- Sister Stamps (Hiilei and Turtle set), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black
Divine Twine
Doodlebug and Studio Calico sequins
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- E50, YR30, YR31, E33
clothes- BG70, BG10, BG53, BG18, G20, G43
turtle- G20, G40, G43, E21, E23

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my word ....what drama you encountered! !! Glad you and your pets are safe and sound.
Love your Very Adorable card!!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute - that turtle is adorable. So glad to hear you are safe and sound. Definitely a scary situation. It makes me sad to see so much destruction.

Anne B. said...

This card is beyond cute! Adorable. Love the sense of movement. Fantastic coloring as always.

Unknown said...

this is so cute love it!!

chrilvian said...

lovely