Monday, May 18, 2015

Totally epic...

Hello and happy Monday to you!

So this week's Farm Fresh challenge over at TGF is 'embossing' and I totally had a couple of embossing folders all picked out and ready to use for my card. In fact I even did one up in a brick wall pattern which led me to choose Thomas from the Creepin' Crew Twisted set because it looked very masculine and he was a good fit. But as I was coloring Thomas up and thinking about how I would put the card together I kept getting drawn back to my stash of patterned paper. At first I was just thinking about how I could incorporate it in with the embossed background but once I found this car paper I couldn't help but go in an entirely different direction. So the brick wall was abandoned and Thomas, who in my opinion kinda looks like a little Bruno Mars mini-me, got a cool hot rod instead, LOL! To make my card still work for the challenge I ended up using white embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment on that dark background. What can I say? I'm just a pattern paper junkie. ;)

Ok, I'm off to another fun filled work day.
Later gators!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Creative Imaginations
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creepin Crew Thomas), Casual Fridays (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versamark clear, Prima old road
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, E11, E23, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9, 100, FB2
eyes- E87, BG000, 0
clothes- B93, B95, B97, W0, W1, R24, R27, E09, W7, W9, W10, B63, B45, B66

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Love it!!! What a kick but looking masculine card!!!!!☆☆☆☆
Hugs, Heidi

Heidi Brawley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey Ann said...

Absolutely love this card! Just a perfect card for a guy... Thank you, Amy!