Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Easter...

Olo! 

So I started cleaning and organizing the crafty room yesterday and I think I've decided to go through my scrap bags and pull all the Easter/spring papers and put them together for quick reference. I ended up using two scrap papers for my card today and it felt really good to make a bit of room in those scraps. Yes, it will be a mini mission to only use scraps this month and see what I can come up with. And considering I haven't seen many new Easter collections this year the decision is even easier for me to make. 

For my second Easter card this year I chose to use SSC Honey from The Greeting Farm so that I could play along in the FFF challenge this week. The theme is 'ribbon or lace' and I had this giant pink ribbon just sitting on my desk, mocking me. I don't usually go for wide ribbon like this on a card, but this came in a kit so I was stuck with it. I decided to tie it into a bow to mimic the one in Honey's hair (which I slightly altered by wiping away the skull) and pop it on top of that sentiment tag. Yeah! Another bit of clutter off my desk and on a card, I'm on a roll! The cute chicks are a new die from Memory Box that I just cut out off yellow cardstock and used a few Copics to shade in a bit of shape and dimension to. 

Ok, I've got to get a move on.
TTYL!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug
stamps- The Greeting farm (SSC Honey), Verve (Chocolate Bunnies sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black and Prima shabby tote
Memory Box baby chicks die
metal rim tag
ribbon
Gold Smooch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E53, E55, E57
eyes- BG23, G07, BG000, 0
clothes- RV10, RV52, RV55, Y00, Y11, Y21, BG0000, 0, C7, 100
chicks- Y11, Y21, Y38

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe. ...another Beautiful Easter creation!!!!! ♡♡♡....Love the little chicks on here too!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So cute!

Julie D. Richards said...

The chicken laying down looks like the mallow peeps. Adorable.

Leanne said...

Aww so sweet and adorable! love the little chicks too. great dimension. lovin' the spring/Easter inspiration