Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hello...

Hey there!

You can really tell that it is spring break for a lot of folks because town sure has been busier these past few days. Which means work has been busier as well, thus not a lot of crafty time over the weekend. But, I did manage to put this little card together last night using the new Blue Bird set from CC Designs. I really love this little guy because the sizing of this stamp makes him work great as both an accessory to a larger character stamp or on his own as the star of the show. The only thing I wish is that he would have come with a buddy pointing the opposite direction so that I could really play around with placement. Who knows, maybe Christine has a set in the works that will complement Mr. Blue Bird here and I'll be a very happy camper indeed. :)

I cut into the fourth new My Mind's Eye paper pad that was on my desk, which also ended up inspiring me to use a yellow ink for the sky background rather than the traditional blue. Sure, I didn't use a whole lot of paper on this card but it always feels good to cut into a new paper pad sooner rather than later. A sprinkle of enamel dots and this one was done and ready to go into the pile of animal cards I've been collecting for my sister. 

Alrighty, before I sign off for the day... any other Walking Dead fans out there? What did you think about the finale on Sunday? I've been reading the comics as well so as soon as Terminus was introduced this season I had a sneaking suspicion that they would be the show version of the cannibal group and it doesn't look like I was wrong. I really can't wait to see what happens next and find out what has happened to Beth because I don't think it is the Terminus group that snatched her... too bad October seems like such a long time!

LOL... ok, enough of me nerding out.   ;)
TTYL!      

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Now & Then)
stamps- CC Designs (Blue Bird set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress, Prima shabby tote
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Copic markers:
bird- R02, R05, E07, YR24, E55, E57, E49
branches- E42, E84, E44, YG0000, G40, G43, G99

6 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute Amy - I like all your extra branches too. As for TWD,I don't read the comics but I suspected cannibals anyway - Terminus was just a little too good to be true, you know? I can't wait for Oct.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very Adorable and Sweet!!! love the clouds you made and it is all PERFECT!!! Nope don't watch the Walking Dead but I have been watching the Scandal series on Netflix. really good. Didn't watch any last night as yesterday was the release of the newest Tinkerbell DVD. Really cute and good too!!!
Have a Fabulous day doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I love the bird and branches.

Linda said...

Very cute card, feels like spring with the birds and branches.

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!! Just adore this on so many levels, .... Love the cloud effect, and the little bits of DP at the top of the card .... very inspirational, Love it!!!! Hugs Juls

Juls said...

Hi Amy, I was wondering if I could get your e-mail. I was so inspired by this post I have created a card inspired by it. I would like to share it on my blog, I would link back here ... I just wanted to ask your permission first. My e-mail is theglitterchick@gmail.com Hugs Juls