Friday, May 17, 2013

Hello sunshine...

Hello my friends!

Can you believe that I started making this card a whole year ago?! Apparently it had been forgotten in a small stack of doilies until I recently unearthed it... oy! I actually remember coloring Mermaid Lucy in the hospital the first or second week that my mom got sick. She was for last June's release reviews but amidst all that was going on Lucy kinda got lost in the shuffle. The papers are all American Crafts Shoreline that also came out last summer and I even had them all cut out and glued in place. All I really had to do to finish the card yesterday was add the gems and the little seagull silhouettes that I just cut out by hand. 
I feel bad that it has taken this long for Mermaid Lucy to finally get her day in the sun but I suppose the old adage, better late than never, really does apply here. Perhaps I'll consider it a really late review preview, LOL!  :)

Alrighty, TGIF to everyone... hope your weekend is wonderful!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Shoreline)
stamps- CC Designs (Mermaid Lucy), My Sentiments Exactly (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Queen and Co gems
American Crafts Shoreline tags
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- BG1, BG13, BG09
tail and top- YG21, YG23, YG25, G09, BG10, Y04, Y06, Y17

13 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Gorgeous!!! LOVE your Really Late preview! lol She is soo super cute! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Larisa said...

Amy, your Mermaids are always so beautiful) This card is cute as always!

Lau W said...

Cuuuute ! So lovely card Amy !
xxx

Julie D. Richards said...

How adorable. Love the sailboats in the background, they really help set the scene.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is so sweet and pretty! Well worth the wait :-)

Billie A said...

So glad you unearthed this darling card. I love the scene and her coloring is awesome. Love it.

Danni said...

Glad you found her...very pretty!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love how you colored the mermaid Amy especially the tail:-) What do you use as adhesive for the gems? Enjoy your wkend!

scrapn_momof2 said...

I just love how she's colored. Such a cute card!!

Juls said...

too cute!! Love the gems as bubbles!! Hugs Juls

Tress said...

Beautiful, bright, and eye-catching! Love the colors and your coloring! And that little strip of sailboats...what an amazing detail!

gobeagirl said...

Amy, I love this card! I just love her hair and the way you colored her body. I do have to say however that I don't color this well at home let alone when my Mom is in the Hospital. You totally ROCK my friend and I think this card is just adorable. I love how she looks like she is resting on the greeting. Too cute! Hope you had a great weekend. I spent the most of mine at my desk, but I love it now and I am amazed at how much space I have on the desktop to you use. :O) Hugs