Thursday, March 28, 2013

Treasure your friendship...

Hello, hello!

Is it too early in the season for a mermaid card? I debated on that for a minute but decided that since the new summer papers were already coming out, why couldn't I have a little under the sea fun? Plus when I saw that the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge this week was 'use your fave KK stamp' I really wanted to use a mermaid. Oh, but wait... I really love their Alice stamp too. Hmmm... what to do, what to do? Aha! Ok, so technically I may be cheating a bit but I pulled a head swap to include both Marina's body and Alice's head into one image. That way I could use two favorite images at once. ;)

Alrighty, I've gotta cut this one short so I can go get ready for the day. 
Have a happy one my friends!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Glitz (Uncharted Waters)
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Marina, Alice, seahorses, starfish and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft gems
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, BG53, BG57, BG78
eyes- BG57, BG78, BG000, 0
tail- Y11, Y21, Y26, RV11, RV13, RV14, RV17, RV19, YR23, YR24, YR27

16 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I LOVE this!!!!! I totally LOVE mermaids and this really is super super cute!!!! love her blue hair tips too!! I thought about playing along with this challenge this week too and I was planning to use Arianna! I see you used her seahorses!!Oh how I have asked for numerous Christmas's to have pet seahorses as a present. What fun papers you used too! Have an Awesome day doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

chrilvian said...

oooooooooooooooooooo wowwww
2 stamps in 1
what a great "stamp"
love it

Larisa said...

I love her so much!!!

Hanneke said...

Wow, that's so smart of you to combine two images! I love your coloring on the tail and hair! Hugs, Hanneke

Julie D. Richards said...

She looks so sassy, love it.

Chitra Nair said...

Gorgeous card.. Saw this on Kraftin' kimmie's FB post..

Lau W said...

Oh just love this card, so nice design !
xxx

Debora said...

So clever,Amy! I always enjoy your mermaids,and just love this card! Hugs!

scrapn_momof2 said...

I love mermaids. This is so beautiful!! I love how her haid is colored.

Kimberly S said...

Super cute card, especially love the two tone coloring of her hair and tail...so pretty! :) hugs, Kimberly

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

ohhhhh gorgeous!!! i love how you have combined the two :) her hair looks fabulous!!! thanks for playing along at kk too :D

Sonia said...

Fantastic card my dear ^_^
Have a beautiful happy Easter weekend^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Tress said...

Amy, this card is so beautiful! Alice's head with her upwardly flowing hair is perfectly paired with the mermaid body! And the two-toned hair and tail...WOW! Truly stunning!

Shazza said...

just fabulous!!! x

by belle said...

What a fantastic idea and a BEAUTIFUL card!!

Lusilla said...

Wow,wonderful!